PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

FJ EXCLUSIVE 001: BRODINSKI

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8128/brodp.jpg

Having a chat with a name like Brodinski is a truly eye opening experience. Firstly, its amazing how someone can keep such a level head after killing it for so long. Secondly, it's always a good feeling to ask the questions you've always wanted to know. Read on and check out our exclusive interview with the man himself, providing our first chapter in a string of international interviews to come. The Parisian superstar chats about hip-hop, blogging, his production partners and more! Enjoy it folks. 

FJ: Your smack bang in the middle of a stellar music career, what started it all?

Well, I remember loving music a lot and also playing music a lot. Now it's my job! What more can I say really?

Simple as that! Tell us about 'Bad Runner' on Mental Groove in 2007. Was that something you spent countless hours on?

Man, I did 'Bad Runner' in four hours! I'm honestly not really proud of it because it was my very first try in the studio and everyone loved it, so it was very hard to repeat the same thing right after - you know what I mean? But now I'm really just focusing on the music I love and trying to entertain people as much as I can!

In regards to 'My Jerk', what made you turn around and produce a complete hip-hop tape?

I think its important for people to hear what I love. It's sometimes very difficult for me to just keep to one side and just continue playing exactly the same style of music all the time. To be honest, it's cool if people don't like, or if they dig it! I just want people to discover some other kinds of music. I'd never play that sort of stuff in a club!


The Brodinski banner has splattered itself all round the world. Got a favourite place to rock out?

Social Club in Paris is on top at the moment. I really love Europe in general because the club culture is truly amazing. After that, I really love to discover different places like Asia, Australia and the USA.

Your run a blog entitled 'Smoke Mashine'. Is that just another way to interact with fans?

Mmm, I more think I can interact with my fans via Myspace, Twitter and Facebook. But my blog is something else. It's something for people who love hip hop and RnB in another way. It's really cool because I can put up some polo or horses tapestries and people will like it!

You've spent time doing production with the likes of Noob, Mumdance and your production partner Yuksek. Do you like having a partner in the studio?

I love to have somebody with me! Honestly, I just can't produce alone. I don't have the capacity to do it! It's so amazing to do music with some other like minded people. I really love it! I'm working with some more producers right now though, please don't tell anyone! 

Who's hot on the scene right now? Is everyone as busy as you?

Highbloo is hot, Mele is hot, French Fries is hot, Tony Senghore is hot, Egyptrixx is hot... and I'm pretty sure I would be forgetting some! And yes, you really don't have to worry about me. I have plenty of time to enjoy myself! (Laughs)

Thanks for your time mate!

Incase you missed it recently
A tune from Mele, as mentioned in the interview! This kid is a real up and comer and considering his age, its pretty safe to say there's some big things coming from him soon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mele'

Supported by Sinden, Toddla T!
And now Brodinski! Big up

Jackson said...

HUGE INTERVIEW GUYS!

Anonymous said...

dope pick.

fake blood soon?

Gray said...

holy shit!

congrats boys.

dunno if you guys are as good as 'dirtie clouds' tho.

errr... haha.

Anonymous said...

that mixtape is sick

Anonymous said...

that mixtape is sick

Anonymous said...

French = best electro dj in the world

BeatzUK said...

Debatable

Anonymous said...

graphic designer has a rad name.

do you own a pub ? yeww

Sammy. said...

haha