PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Walk Abouts With WoNK - Part 1


Hey everyone, WoNK here with my first installement of 'Walk Abouts With WoNK' and a little insight into my travels.

So after a lovely 8 hour flight I land in Ontario to be greeted by The Melting Man and Kerrie Nation .. who are running a touch late .. why? Because they are running around the wrong terminal telling staff they lost their friend from England haha! My first big welcome to Canada is going to a McDonalds and being poo'd on by a bird.. nicee!!

The london crowds are amazing and really up for it, people that just like to party, and it was wicked hanging out with the Melting Man and Kerrie Nation. Such lovely hosts taking me to feed the ducks, eat Nerds and giving me Perogies and Poutine. Plus I got to meet gabby their lovely cat and some nice people such as Josh, Dave, Dj Awol, luke, wendy, evileyez and many more whose names fail me right now. After 2 banging gigs in London I headed to calgary where I hooked up with Chris Moriera and the lads and went to party at Sals. Lovely crowd, tasty sound system and dirty beats. Can't be beaten. I also get greeted on msn with the news that my Satisfaction remix that i did with Filthy Rehab has been played by Kissy Sellout on Radio 1 which is ace as he played my Crystal Gypsy remix not long back also.

Then off to Saint John, a quiet town until you get into the clubs and they just love it. I don't think i have had so many pictures taken with crowd members before and gotta say much love to Decay and Adam Dixon for warming up before me and specially for Dixon for doing a b2b for the last 30 mins with me as well which tore it up. A short hop on an 18 seater to Montreal and then on to Toronto to party with the Bassteaser Crew which was awesome. A nice venue called Nocturne with some lovely party people.

The next stop was whistler. I landed in Vancouver and then headed up to Whistler through the mountains and the picturesque views. Im a little sad it wasn't the snow season because id have loved to have had a day snowboarding but the venue was amazing one of the best booths i have ever seen and the clubbers were really into their fidget. I got to spend the next day in whistler chilling and checking out the paths and mountains before heading back to Vancouver that evening. It's one place I will definitaly have to hit again at some point.

While out on tour I've been talking to Dixxie my Young Nutz partner and we have decided to do a mega bootleg package. A friend of ours Matt B has done a wicked remix of a Shy Fx tune and wanted us to do a cheeky remix of it too so we have gone one better and lined up not only Young Nutz to do one but also Kick Oh, Mini K, Melting Man, Filthy Rehab, Mikey Dalton, M n M and Royal K. Everyone will do their own take on the tune and then it will go out as a big bootleg package world wide to show the skills of all the producers and give the clubbers and fans a chance to get some hot free music. Fridgetjet will get this package first and be sure to watch this space for some special news coming very soon from myself and Young Nutz.

WoNK.

No comments: