PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Adventures With Wongo :: Volume #2


"I know it's not a record that makes the night - it's a combination"

Ya know what? I'm never on time for anything really. I guess I just try to do my bizznizz thrown in with everything else, and it usually gets me through the day. I've taken it upon myself to give the 'anatomy' a miss this month as there's a much more important issues to raise. Over the last 4 years of even knowing what house music is, something has bugged me. Why do people call techno - techno, and why do they call dubstep - DUBSTEP! Well I managed to track down a very reliable source which has allowed me to explain the beginnings of house to all you folk.

House was born in 1971 with the mother merry Joseph Raggamuffin. The father Joseph Merry Raggabottom spent a lot of time in the discotheques trying to understand what a kick drum was. He was more then happy to work it out himself without the help of people like Larry Leven and Derrick May. You see all those sorta guys were doing their own thing, and I think house has also forgot them too.

Anyway, Mr Raggabottom used to get off tap and sit in a chair by himself for strenuous hours trying to work out what the kick drum was. Until one day at east, when he had an idea. This wasnt any ordinary idea keep in mind, but by doing so he had worked out the infamous kick drum sound :) yewwwww! With his fist in a hollow wall he kept punching holes to a 123 bpm tap, further advancing that to a speedy 138bpm and in turn, creating Techno! After moving to Detroit and and meeting the likes of Matthew Ladgrove and Adam Bozzetto, he figure out how much this scene was being abused. Matt and Adam were not very happy about this, so they also took it upon themselves to create a drum beat from punching holes in hollow walls. This started a world craze for 'holechno' or 'holouse'.

Finally, and after many years, Adam and Matt and Merry and Joseph died along with 'holouse' and 'holechno', as people started listening to 'ol Larry again.

Hope this has served as an insight to the likes of a salesman - Word,
Wongo.

Photobucket

No comments: